How to Make an Accordion Scrapbook | This is a cute and easy scrapbook which can be used as a brag book or to capture an event. It makes a great gift!
Things You'll Need:
- 2 – Cardboard 4 ½” squares (back and front covers)
- 2 – Decorative pieces of paper cut in to 6” squares (paper cover for back and front covers)
- Odd number of cardstock pages in 8” squares (must be 1, 3, 5, . . . pages)
- 1 – 2 ½’ of ribbon
- Glue stick
Step by Step:
Glue the cardboard in the middle of wrong side of decorative paper.
Trim the decorative paper at the corners of the cardboard. Leave about 1/8 of an inch of paper. This ensures a more finished look on the cover of your scrapbook.
Fold flaps down to the inside of covers and glue down edges.
Glue ribbon inside back cover.
Crease cardstock paper. Alternating folds makes the scrapbook come together neatly. When creasing the pages, the perpendicular folds are mountain folds and the diagonal fold is a valley fold. Start by folding your square in half, open, rotate 90 degrees and fold in half again. Open and flip your square over (like a pancake). Now fold on the diagonal
Glue pages together in diamond shapes. Glue the two outside diamonds on top of the center diamond.
Glue back cover down.
Glue front cover down.
Fold into accordion.
Add pictures and embellishments, don't forget the covers!
- Since this is a compact book, it is best to make color copies of photos or you can print them from your computer on high quality paper.
- Don't place any photos in the creases.
- Create dimension to your scrapbook by gluing contrasting colors to the inside of your scrapbook.