How to Make a Bow Pencil Case | When you need a new pencil case, whether it's for back-to-school, for a fun change or because your old one has broken, consider making a bow pencil case. It's cute, simple-to-make, and doesn't require any sewing.
Things You'll Need:
- A large rectangular fabric piece (need not have perfect edges)
- Hot glue/ super glue (hot glue is preferred)
- A strip of another fabric (preferably a color contrasting to the large fabric.) It should be the length of the width of your large piece of fabric, plus enough extra material for you to tie a knot.
Preparing the Fabric
- Fold a large rectangular fabric piece in half.
- Trim the side edges.
- Trim the top portion. This side should also be as neat as a pin!
|Preparing the Fabric|
Assembling the Pencil Case
- Stick the two edges together with super glue or hot glue (preferably hot glue).
- Place the fabric strip in the center. Ensure that there is enough extra fabric on the side with the opening to tie a bow, and the other end sticks off of the other side.
- Stick down with glue.
- Stow your stationery and supplies in the case.
- Flip it over.
- Tie a knot.
|Place the fabric strip in the center|
|Flip it over and Tie a knot|
You're done with your DIY fabric bow pencil case! As shown in the image, this fun and easy pencil case will look like a little bow. (source: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bow-Pencil-Case)