- 2 aluminum pie plates
- Heavy poster paper
- Scrap wood pieces to create a base for the fish
- Water-based paint
- First, place the 2 pie plates together (bottoms facing out) and secure with staples. You can always use masking tape instead but the staples work the best.
- Next, take 2 pieces of poster paper and draw out the following shapes: a fish head, a top fin, a bottom fin and a tail.
- Cut these shapes out both pieces of paper so you have 2 of everything.
- Staple or glue or tape the fin, tail and head pieces together, but only along one side. You need to keep one of the sides open so that you can attach it to the pie plate.
- Attach the fins, head and tail to the pie plates.
- Create a stand for the fish. Fasten the fish to the stand using tape or glue. (Attaching the fish to the stand prior to painting makes decorating much easier).
- Finally, your kinder artists can decorate the fish using colorful paints, construction paper or markers.